Smart Parents realize that every day put the blocks with those who build the future of your child. Let's be wise builders and role models. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss when you are not. I learned that I have a lot to learn. People will forget what you said, but never what you did and how you made them feel. Grandpa went to live with his son, his daughter and grandson of four years. Her hands trembled, his eyesight was clouded and his step faltered. The whole family ate together at the table, but the shaking hands and the sight of the elderly patient into the food a difficult issue. Peas fell off his spoon on the floor while trying to take the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth.
's son and his wife got tired of the situation. "We must do something about grandfather," said the son. "I've had enough. Pour the milk, noisy eating and food on the floor strip." That was how the couple decided to put a small table in a corner of the room. There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed lunch. Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl. From time to time looked to where he was the grandfather and saw it while sitting alone. However, the only words the couple went, they were cold called attention every time he dropped a fork or food.
The four-year-old watched it all in silence. One evening before supper, the father noted that his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. Asked sweetly, "What are you doing?" Just as sweetly, the boy replied, "Oh, I'm making a little bowl for you and one for mom so that when I grow up, you eat them." He smiled and continued with their homework. The words of the little beat her so that parents were speechless. And though no word was said about it, both had gotten the message.
That evening the husband took grandfather's hand gently and led him back to the family table. For the rest of his life took a seat at the table with them. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed more upset every time the fork was dropped, milk spilled or the tablecloth soiled.
Children are highly perceptive. His eyes behold, his ears always listening and their minds process the messages they absorb. If they see patiently provide a happy home for all family members, they will imitate that attitude for the rest of their lives.
Smart Parents realize that every day put the blocks with those who build the future of your child. Let's be wise builders and role models. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss when you are not. I learned that I have a lot to learn. People will forget what you said, but never what you did and how you made them feel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment